Myers cocktail is an increasingly popular intravenous micronutrient therapy (IVMT) that combines several vital vitamins and minerals into one effective treatment. The cocktail is named after the late John Myers, MD, who combined valuable nutrients and minerals delivered through an IV can help treat various conditions. The cocktail rejuvenates the body, mind, and spirit. Here is more about the life-changing cocktail.
What Is Intravenous Vitamin Therapy?
Vitamin IV therapy is also known as an intravenous micronutrient and hydration therapy. It involves giving high concentrations of vitamins and minerals directly into the bloodstream intravenously. This allows for the higher absorption of vitamins and nutrients compared to taking supplements or eating food.
What Are Vitamins?
Vitamins are complex molecules present in fruits, vegetables, grains, meat, poultry, and seafood. Some foods are fortified with multiple vitamins. You can develop a deficiency due to low vitamin intake due to dietary factors and medical conditions, which can also affect your absorption of vitamins even when your dietary intake is adequate. Your body needs 13 essential vitamins; each one has a different role in the body. The essential vitamins needed in your body include:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B1 thiamine
- Vitamin B2 riboflavin
- Vitamin B3 niacin
- Vitamin B5 pantothenic acid
- Vitamin B6 pyridoxine
- Vitamin B7 biotin
- Vitamin B9 folate
- Vitamin B12 cobalamin
Several medical problems make it hard to absorb and metabolize vitamins properly. This can lead to vitamin deficiencies. Common medical causes of vitamin deficiency include:
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease
- Chronic diarrhea
- Malabsorption syndrome
- Gastric bypass
- Crohn’s disease
- Irritable bowel syndrome
Lack of certain essential vitamins and nutrients over a prolonged period can cause deficiency diseases. There are several different symptoms of vitamin deficiency, including:
- Shortness of breath
- Severe hair loss
- Rapid heart rate (Tachycardia)
- Memory loss
- Poor night vision
- Scaly patches and dandruff
- Decreased sensation of the hands and feet
- Mouth ulcers or cracks in the corners of the mouth
- Bone pain
- Weakness of the toes and fingers
What Medical Conditions Can Myers Cocktail (Vitamin IV) Therapy Help?
Myers cocktail is an excellent choice for treating a variety of conditions, such as:
- Acute fatigue
- Acute muscle spasm
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Chronic sinuses
- Seasonal allergies
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Inflammation of the sinuses
- Depression and chronic stress
- Seasonal allergies
- Cardiovascular disease
- Congestive heart failure
- Low immunity level
- Hormone imbalance
What Are the Advantages of Getting Myers Cocktail Via IV Treatment?
- Nutrients are absorbed faster because the treatment is directly administered into your bloodstream
- IV vitamins can help those people who have gut absorption difficulties
- No ingredients are lost in the digestive system, unlike taking oral supplements
- The treatments contain beneficial hydrating fluids to keep your body functioning at an optimum level
- You can get in-home treatments if you do not want the hassle of going to a clinic
What Are the Ingredients in A Myers Cocktail (Vitamin IV) Therapy?
The standard Myers cocktail includes the following ingredients:
- Saline: Saline solution (salt water) delivers all the combined Myers cocktail ingredients to your system. The saline also replenishes your electrolytes which help to keep you hydrated and energized.
- Vitamin B Complex: B-complex vitamins include, B-1(thiamine), B-2 (riboflavin), B-3 (niacin), B-5 (pantothenic acid), B-6 (pyridoxine), B-7 (biotin), B-9 (folic acid), B-12 (cobalamin)
Vitamin B complex help to boost energy levels, cell metabolism, and brain functions.
- Vitamin B12: This plays a role in ensuring blood and nerve health. The body also uses it to build, repair, and regenerate DNA, making it an essential micronutrient in core cellular processes. It also prevents megaloblastic anemia and helps to alleviate fatigue.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is an antioxidant that your body uses to maintain bones, muscles, and blood vessels. At elevated levels, it neutralizes free radicals that destroy cells. It is a vital immune system booster, also useful for collagen production and iron absorption, which help accelerate wound healing.
- Calcium: It is generally stored in bones, muscles, and soft tissues. It aids bone formation, strengthens bones, and prevents osteoporosis. Calcium also protects cardiac muscles, controls blood pressure, prevents premenstrual depression, reduces fatigue, migraines, muscle spasms, and keeps bones and teeth healthy.
- Magnesium: It has various functions such as blood glucose control, protein synthesis, nerve functions, and regulates muscles. Magnesium helps your circulatory system, keeping your blood pressure normal and your heart rhythm healthy. Magnesium is also important in calcium absorption and contributes to overall bone health.
- Zinc: This essential mineral is not naturally created or stored in the body. It helps your body resist infections and aids in tissue repair. A deficiency of zinc can lead to subsequent health issues.
- Glutathione: Glutathione is a potent antioxidant made from amino acids and occurs naturally in the body. It helps in the prevention of cancer, cystic fibrosis, the immune system, and the normal aging process
Why Use Myers Cocktail (Vitamin IV) Therapy Instead of Pills?
In this unique therapy, the vitamins and minerals are administered directly into your bloodstream, absorbed rapidly without being degraded, and contain hydrating fluids that help your body function well. It does not have unpleasant side effects such as stomach upset and diarrhea that often occur with high-dose oral vitamin therapy. Your treatment is sure to kick in instantly and effectively.
What Should You Expect During a Myer Cocktail (Vitamin IV) Therapy?
The entire process takes about 45 minutes. A trained professional will insert a catheter into your vein and start the Myers Cocktail IV drip. The fluids will flow gradually and directly into your bloodstream.
What Are the Benefits of Myers Cocktail (Vitamin IV) Therapy?
In addition to improving symptoms associated with chronic pain conditions, Myers IV cocktails are ideal for:
- Stronger immunity to fight colds and flu
- Better nerve and bone health
- Improved blood and circulation health
- Quick recovery from a hangover
- Boosted energy levels
- Reduces fatigue
- Helps prevent and treat migraines
- Sharper memory
- Enhanced mood and vitality
- Better sleep
- Reduced jetlag
- Fewer migraines
- Combats Seasonal Allergies
Our team at Susan A. Baker is happy to answer any questions about the Myer cocktail. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.