If you want to achieve your health goals, you may be referred to a health coach who can help you make life-long changes and achieve optimal health. A health coach can also guide and accelerate your healing process without undergoing unnecessary treatments or diets. Here at the Los Angeles-based office of Susan A. Baker, MD, we can help you achieve a healthier lifestyle and prevent diseases.
What Is a Health Coach, And How Can They Help?
A health coach has a working knowledge of skills, tools, diet, lifestyle, and nutrition that they can pass on to you to overcome any health challenges. They comprehend how these factors affect your health and can help you overcome them and build new habits to overcome various health concerns.
A health coach will take the time to discuss matters concerning your health and lifestyle with you and listen to what matters to you. They help you identify realistic goals that can help you quickly attain and build your confidence to meet your health and wellness goals successfully. With the guidance and support of your health coach, they can help you make changes in your daily routine by:
- Empowering you to identify realistic and achievable goals
- Equip you with the necessary information for your specific and unique needs
- Help you find local peer support on your journey to better health
Once you can self-manage your health condition, you will be able to improve your mental and physical health and drastically minimise the risk of developing health conditions in the future. You should make the life-changing decision to see a health coach if you:
- Want to try a new approach and take an active role in changing your health status.
- Feel that you are ready to make health and lifestyle changes but need help figuring out where to begin.
- Are ready and willing to take the time to focus on your overall health and well-being.
- Have the determination and room to improve your current health and wellbeing successfully
- Are willing to discuss ways you can make changes in your daily routine, lifestyle habits, and dietary modifications to improve your
overall health and better manage any illness you may have.
What Does the Process Involve?
Once the health coach receives your referral, they will contact you to book a consultation. The process begins with a Q&A consultation session with your health coach, where you can share your health concerns and goals. The health coach will assess if a wellness program is right for you.
Once that is over, you can go for an initial assessment and coaching plan. You might be required to fill in a health questionnaire. This will also include a review of your health history. Your health coach will discuss the necessary steps to improve your health and change your lifestyle. They may also formulate a coaching package to follow through with your health and wellness journey.
What Can a Health Coach Help Me With?
A health coach can provide a supportive environment to talk about your health and wellness goals on issues about:
- Weight loss and management: Maintaining a healthy weight, eating well, and exercising regularly can help minimise the risk of various health conditions such as cardiovascular diseases or diabetes.
- Quitting smoking: Stopping smoking can significantly improve your long-term health and overall well-being.
- Physical activity: Staying active is essential in keeping you healthy and strong and also prevents diseases. A health coach can help you achieve your fitness plan depending on your ability level and suggest what can work for you depending on your health and lifestyle needs.
- Quitting alcohol: Quitting alcohol consumption can improve your health and well-being.
You can communicate with your health coach during coaching sessions, by telephone, face-to-face, via video calls, or within a community set-up. Our health coaches at SUSAN A. Baker M.D. can help you attain your goals at whichever set-up makes you most comfortable- whether, through a leisure centre or a walk in the park, we will work tirelessly with you until your needs are met.
Here at the office of Susan A. Baker, MD, we are happy to help you attain and maintain better health. We understand that setting and reaching health goals can pose many challenges, which is why we motivate, support, and encourage you to live life to the fullest. We offer individualised coaching sessions to meet your unique needs and health goals. Contact us today for more information, or schedule an appointment online.