Susan A Baker, MD, FACR is an expert rheumatologist and doctor of internal medicine in Beverly Hills specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of arthritis and diseases of the musculoskeletal system and connective tissue. Dr. Baker has devoted her practice to helping individuals suffering from common and rare forms of arthritis. From consultation to after-care, Dr. Baker skillfully guides her patients through each step on the road to a happier, symptom-free life.
What is this Condition?
- Sudden onset pain or stiffness in the joints and surrounding tissue
- Pain accompanied by a fever
- Painful swelling or inflammation in one or more joint
- Redness and tenderness of the joints
- You experience pain and stiffness after sitting or sleeping
For all types, symptoms that are left untreated will typically continue to steadily worsen over time.
Learn more about this condition at medlineplus.gov.
Treatment Options in Los Angeles
Common Non-Surgical Treatment Options:
- Over the counter prescription medications can be used to effectively manage pain symptoms and swelling.
- Bone Densitometry, also known as a Dexa Scan, is a tool used by specialists to detect and predict your risk for osteoporosis.
- IV Infusion Services for arthritis can be administered to prevent further damage to the bones and joints.
During musculoskeletal ultra-sound guided injections, your rheumatologist will use an ultra-sound to detect any problems within the joint, and then administer a mixture of medication and anesthetic directly into the joint.
EKGs aid specialists in diagnosing the type and severity of your condition and developing an effective course of treatment.
Q: Who should I speak with about my condition?
Q: Who is at risk?
Q: What are the causes?
To learn more about arthritis, visit health.harvard.edu
Visit a Specialist in Beverly Hills
Susan A. Baker is an experienced internal medicine specialist and rheumatologist with a thriving practice in Beverly Hills. She has helped countless individuals suffering from arthritis manage their symptoms and return to everyday activities. To schedule a one-on-one consultation or address any questions you may have, feel free to call (310) 271-7770.
Next, learn about osteoarthritis.